WORKING AT ACSW
ACSW is a fun, fast-paced environment built on relationships and great design. The stated goal of the office is to create a team environment where everyone contributes and everyone is included. Every project should be a challenge and while a high degree of individual focus and commitment is expected, the environment is fun and fast-paced. This highly collaborative and fluid environment not only results in successful projects but the rapid growth of individuals within the office.
Healthcare Architect/Planner -- Sr. Project Lead
ACSW is seeking an experienced Healthcare Architect / Planner for our growing healthcare studio. While ACSW has a generous portfolio in the healthcare field, a recent association with a partner firm has created significant opportunities for in-hospital work both new and renovation. There is an immediate need associated with upcoming significant in-hospital projects in addition to ongoing work. This position will most likely be housed out of our Lafayette office, however, there is also the consideration for New Orleans or the North Shore. We are looking for an extremely capable licensed Architect who solves problems and uses innovative thinking to create solutions. We find that the people who are the most successful in our office are those that tend to run toward problems in search of a solution. If you feel this sounds like you, reach out to us. We’d be happy to hear from you.
Expectations for a Healthcare Architect at ACSW:
· Remain current with the latest regulatory and industry changes within the healthcare environment
· Capable of leading a team through the entire design process from schematic design through construction documents in a collaborative effort.
· Willing to engage in industry associations including leadership and presentations.
· Assist in the development of project budgets and timelines
· Interest in mentoring and managing younger staff that report to this position.
· Contribute to project marketing efforts including presentations and RFQ responses.
· Highly organized and driven toward success
· Possess a hunger and desire to advance within the profession
· Thrives in a challenging, high-paced environment.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
· Licensed Architect or Interior Designer in Louisiana
· 10+ years of experience leading entire healthcare projects from beginning to end
· Significant in hospital design experience
· Proficient in Revit Architecture
· Certifications such as EDAC (Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification) or CHID (Certified Healthcare Interior Designer) are a strong preference
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Firm understanding of the project management process
· Leadership skills or aspirations; we believe in leading leaders
· Great interpersonal and leadership skills aimed at team/solution-oriented problem-solving
· Desire to see and help others succeed
· Self-Starter with a tenacious work ethic
· Glass half full thinking
About ACSW Architects
ACSW is a fun, fast-paced environment built on relationships and great design. The stated goal of the office is to create a team environment where everyone contributes, and everyone is included. Every project should be a challenge and while a high degree of individual focus and commitment is expected, the environment is fun and fast-paced. This highly collaborative and fluid environment not only results in successful projects but the rapid growth of individuals within the office.
In addition to Healthcare, our work varies in scale and complexity across multiple archetypes with several $20-$40 million-plus projects in the office at the same time not being unusual. However, the scale of the project is not our measure of success. It’s the relationship that comes from it. Hearing a client with a small project say that we made them feel like it was a priority, is why we do what we do.